Next event: Saturday 14th Sept 2019 @ 9:30am start
A not-to-be-underestimated 16 miler through some lovely countryside taking in some iconic Peak District vistas.
You’ll be up Dirtlow Rake, down Cave Dale and through Castleton, onto the Great Ridge with views over the Vale of Edale, then shouldering Win Hill to drop down to Ladybower, then fast running back to the finish via Bamford and Shatton.
- Registration opens at 8am.
- The course finishes at 3pm. For reasons of both competitor and Marshal safety, these times will be strictly enforced.
- To qualify as a finisher you must “dib” at each control point.
- THE GOLDEN RULE: IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU REPORT TO THE FINISH EVEN IF YOU RETIRE.
- Free parking on the day on the field next to the Sports Pavilion.
- Free soup / hot and cold drinks / flapjack for all runners at the end of the race.
- There are separate male/female changing rooms with two showers in each. Although we will be in the pavilion all day, the changing rooms are not locked, so we cannot be held responsible for your belongings.
- Entry link via Fabian4: http://www.fabian4.co.uk/default.aspx?EventID=2201
Sports Pavilion, Bradwell, Hope Valley, S33 9ST
The entrance to the sports pavilion is opposite the Samuel Fox Country Inn.
Stephen Hughes / email here / phone 07950609984
Route Description and Map
GPS Route File
This event traverses high/exposed moorland terrain. For the event you MUST wear/carry the following minimum items:
- Full waterproof body cover – (with taped seams and integrated attached hood).
- Hat/ Buff
- Map and control descriptions – you will each be given one on the start line.
- Timing Chip – each person must carry their own and use it at each control. We will hire one for you for free if you do not have your own.
- Emergency food to see you through the event
- Watch – This can also be an altimeter or a GPS data logger. GPS devices are allowed for this race.
- Race Number – You will each be given one at registration
- Phone – This in not compulsory but it is advisory.
Reviews from Previous Years
An absolutely brilliant day, the race was awesome and I’m blown away by how beautiful the Peak District is. Thanks Bradda Dads for putting on such a great event, and thanks to everyone who helped push our van off the parking field after the race!
Really enjoyed the race (my first time). Good crowd of people, and it was marshalled. I laughed with one of my fellow runners about the time that can be lost over the race trying to make a decision about which of the checkpoint fuel/treats to scoff.
Really enjoyed the race- very well organized with friendly marshals and great weather too! Will certainly be back next year.
Just to say the race was brilliant as usual. Organisation always good but seemed even slicker this year. Five years in a row now I’ve done it, getting to know the course at last.
I thought the race was very well organised, the marshals/ food stops were excellent and had everything you needed. I thought the race timing / results were probably the most professional of any race I’ve done including races run by businesses that cost a lot more than Bradwell.
This year was the 2nd time that I ran the Half after doing the 1st one in 2013. Nothing much seems to have changed, although that is a good thing. Can’t fault anything really. Good course, great food and drink at the end, plus excellent organisation/marshalls and value for money.
I ran the HT of Bradwell last weekend and LOVED it! Very well organised, friendly folk, awesome route flagged and marked just enough to keep you on your toes, and great flapjack at the end. If you get cramp in the last 10 yards, they’ll even bring the finish to YOU! Thanks, I’ll be back. I don’t know if my husband will 😉
It was my first ever off road running race and I have to say, I really enjoyed it even though I am still aching now. The whole thing was ran amazingly well and everyone I came across was happy to chat and point me in the right direction.
What a great race; fantastic organisation, varied and challenging mix of terrain, together with plenty of stunning scenery (off road running heaven!!!!). I had a wonderful day and this race is definitely one for my running calendar.
Results from Previous Years
2018 Long Tour of Bradwell: here
2018 Half Tour of Bradwell: here
2016 Long Tour of Bradwell: long tour of bradwell 2016
2016 Half Tour of Bradwell: half tour of bradwell 2016