Next event: Saturday 14th Sept 2019 @ 9:30am
A not-to-be-underestimated 16 miler through some lovely countryside taking in some iconic Peak District vistas.
You’ll be up Dirtlow Rake, down Cave Dale and through Castleton, onto the Great Ridge with views over the Vale of Edale, then shouldering Win Hill to drop down to Ladybower, then fast running back to the finish via Bamford and Shatton.
Sports Pavilion, Bradwell, Hope Valley, S33 9HQ
The entrance is opposite the Samuel Fox Inn
GPS Route File
This event traverses high/exposed moorland terrain. For the event you MUST wear/carry the following minimum items:
- Fell running shoes that in our opinion are fully suitable for the type of rough terrain that you will encounter. Note: There has been a small move of some fell runners to competing barefoot. As organisers, we will consider this if the runner can show they have the experience and ability to compete barefoot. What you will not be allowed to use are trainers with high heels and no grip, such as road running shoes.
- Full waterproof body cover – We may allow pertex overtrousers if the weather is nice but you MUST bring a second pair of waterproof over-trousers in case they are needed. Waterproof clothing typically has taped seams.
- Hat/ Buff
- Map and control descriptions – you will each be given one on the start line.
- Timing Chip – each person must carry their own and use it at each control. We will hire one for you for free if you do not have your own.
- Sufficient supply of liquid and food to see you through the event
- Watch – This can also be an altimeter or a GPS data logger. GPS devices are allowed for this race.
- Race Number – You will each be given one at registration
- Phone – This in not compulsory but it is advisory (we may insist that you take one if the weather is poor so bring a waterproof bag to keep it safe in)
Results from Previous Years
2018 Long Tour of Bradwell: https://fellrunner.org.uk/results.php?id=5197